- Senior Engineer opportunity to demonstrate advanced pavement engineering expertise
- Add long term value to urban and rural road infrastructure renewal and improvement projects
- $90,867 to $99,115 + Super + 9 day fortnight
Logan City Council offers a working environment that is hard to match. We provide a unique workplace that recognises innovation, creativity and teamwork, and encourages personal and professional development.
We currently have about 1,700 employees who serve the City of Logan community by successfully delivering a large and diverse portfolio of programs and services.
The focus of this role is to prepare scoping and pavement designs suitable to site conditions and overall road network asset and infrastructure planning objectives. Expert knowledge of pavement materials, construction processes and pavement engineering will contribute to preparing scoping reports that minimise construction changes on site. Substantial field work and a sound knowledge of geotechnical report interpretation will assist in achieving overall outcomes required. Being an expert in pavement design, this role will provide expert advice to support project delivery where requested.
You will be tertiary qualified with current registration as a Registered Professional Engineer, Queensland (RPEQ) with competencies and experience relevant to this role. This usually office based role still requires a substantial amount of time in the field and the ability to "read" a road and determine likely causes of pavement defects. You will be able to document decisions in standard scoping reports to a high level that provides an appropriate project for the actual site conditions and construction constraints. You will provide expert advice across the organisation in relation to pavements and particularly the design of reseals and structural asphalt pavements. A driver's license is a requirement for this position.
As a Council employee you will enjoy the many benefits our organisation has to offer - including a nine day fortnight, free on-site parking at work, and flexible working arrangements.
If you join us you'll get:
- To scope approximately $30 million of pavement renewal projects per year
- To collaborate and work with a progressive Roads Group team
- Use pavement engineering expertise to optimise outcomes across a 2300 km and growing road network
- Vehicle lease may be available for an exceptional candidate
Logan City Council relies on the integrity and enthusiasm of our workforce to provide decisions that improve our community. That's why we're looking for people who like to learn, seize initiative and take responsibility for achieving excellence.
If you're the sort of person who is motivated, customer orientated and thrives in a high performing team environment - then we should meet!
We're looking for our next Senior Pavement Engineer with the following experience/qualifications:
- Expert pavement engineer with RPEQ qualification
- Experience in managing a high number of concurrent projects in collaboration and partnership with key stakeholders
- Experience in preparing project scoping and designs based on strong knowledge or road construction materials and construction processes
Please view the position description at the top of the page here. If further information is required about this role, please contact Ashish Shah, Road Asset Management Program Leader on 07 3412 4930.
Position closes: Thursday 20th December 2018.
We're social! - connect with us at #lccjobs through LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram
Sound like your next opportunity? Apply now or head along to Logan City Council Careers to discover more.