- Permanent full-time role
- $83K + super + 9-day fortnight
- Autonomous and challenging role
Logan City Council offers a working environment that is hard to match. We provide a unique workplace that recognises innovation, creativity and teamwork, and encourages personal and professional development.
As a Council employee you will enjoy the many benefits our organisation has to offer - including a nine day fortnight, free on-site parking at work, and flexible working arrangements.
As the Internal Audit Coordinator, you will be leading and coordinating the internal audit functions for Council. Your passion for audit and your meticulous attention to detail will see you thrive in this busy and challenging role. Your exemplary personal and professional conduct reflects the expectations of the community and encompasses Logan City Council's values.
- Coordinating and managing the external provision of internal audit services.
- Planning, supervising and conducting basic independent internal audits and reviews across all areas of Council.
- Interpreting complex legislation and provide specialist advice
- Leading and contributing towards the development of the Annual Internal Audit Plan.
- Coordinating and attending the Internal Audit Committee, including report writing, agenda preparation, meeting minutes and follow up meeting outcomes.
- Managing the tender process and contract management for the provision of internal audit services.
Logan City Council relies on the integrity and enthusiasm of our workforce to provide decisions that improve our community. That's why we're looking for people who like to learn, seize initiative and take responsibility for achieving excellence.
If you're the sort of person who is motivated, customer orientated and thrives in a high performing team environment - then we should meet!
We're looking for our next Internal Audit Coordinator with experience/qualifications including:
- Demonstrated experience in applying internal audit standards, procedures and techniques
- Tertiary qualifications in accounting, finance, or business fields, demonstrable experience in delivering internal audit functions and current membership with an accredited professional body is essential
- Demonstrated experience in planning, delivering and managing basic internal audits within given timelines and within budget across a variety of areas
- Demonstrated ability to use initiative and provide solutions for matters within the bounds of the role
After viewing the position description at the top of the page here, if further information is required about this role, please contact Sue Van Eyk on 3412 5212.
Position closes: 12 December 2018
We're social! - connect with us at #lccjobs through LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram
Sound like your next opportunity? Apply now or head along to Logan City Council Careers to discover more