- Engage in one of the fastest growing local government areas in Queensland
- Take ownership of a variety of water engineering projects
- $90 - $96k + super + 9 day fortnight + other benefits
Logan City Council offers a working environment that is hard to match. We provide a unique workplace that recognises innovation, creativity and teamwork, and encourages personal and professional development.
As a Council employee you will enjoy the many benefits our organisation has to offer - including a nine day fortnight, free on-site parking at work, and flexible working arrangements.
The Council's Water Operations Branch is directly responsible for network operation and maintenance functions of the City's water and wastewater network which has a current replacement value in excess of $2.7 billion. Our maintenance depot in Woodridge is home to a progressive and vibrant team of office and off-site includes an engineering, administration, supervisory, trades and non-trades staff of 120. We take pride in offering exceptional customer interaction and service to our community.
In this role you will be responsible for assisting Network Maintenance Program Leader in delivering Council's maintenance operations on the Water Supply and Sewerage system.
As the Senior Water Maintenance Engineer, you will focus on a range of engineering and business support functions in the Network Maintenance Program providing solutions that add value to our customers. The key roles and responsibilities will include but not be restricted to:
- High-level engineering investigations and provide sound business solutions.
- Procurement and contract management functions including preparation of specifications, contracts and tender documentation
- Manage network operation and maintenance projects in liaison with various stakeholders
The successful applicant will thrive in a challenging role with an organisation that values professional contribution and personal wellbeing. Logan City Council actively encourages a healthy work environment through its Team Top Health Program, as well as personal and professional development, study assistance and a tangible focus on creating a great place to work.
We're looking for our new Senior Water Maintenance Engineer with the following experience/qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering and RPEQ qualifications and/or Corporate membership of Engineers Australia or eligibility to obtain same. Diploma-level qualifications in Project Management will be highly desirable.
- Deep understanding of Workplace Health and Safety systems, documentation and assurance processes
- Project Management skills across operations, maintenance and minor works, preferably in a Local Government environment, with a strong focus on development, contract management, supervision and panel provider supply arrangements
After viewing the position description at the top of the page (or if viewing on SEEK, click here), if further information is required about this role, please contact Rowland Wicks on 3412 5114
Position closes: Wednesday, 12 December 2018
We're social! - connect with us at #lccjobs through LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram
This vacancy is open to Logan City Council employees (including Alliance staff) and Agency Staff only.
Sound like your next opportunity? Apply now or head along to Logan City Council Careers to discover more