- A genuine opportunity to ensure good governance practices
- Promote a high level of integrity and honesty
- Help make a positive difference in peoples lives
Logan City Council is the seventh largest local government in Australia, providing community services and facilities to almost 314,000 residents representing over 215 different cultures.
Logan City Council has established an Audit Committee under the Local Government Act 2009 (the Act) as part of its governance obligations. The Audit Committee acts as an advisory body under the Act, to council and senior management on issues relating to internal and external audits, financial and other accountability responsibilities. Council is committed to open and transparent governance that meets the highest ethical standards and community expectations.
Council wishes to appoint a suitably experienced individual as a member of the Audit Committee who is able to promote inquiry, best available evidence, innovation and systems improvement to promote best practice.
To be considered for this important governance role, your expression of interest must clearly demonstrate how your skills, qualifications and experience align with the following criteria:
- Demonstrated knowledge in one or more of the following areas - cybersecurity, fraud, risk management, financial management, corporate governance or audit;
- Demonstrated knowledge of legislative, regulatory and industry standards applying to government agencies and/or large business enterprises and a high level understanding of best practice internal controls, risk management and corporate governance;
- understand complex issues and the importance of transparency, accountability and probity in a public authority;
- Experience in working in a large organisation at a senior level with demonstrated strong business acumen; and
- Have strong ethical values, sense of integrity, the ability to inquire and ability to give direct and honest opinions to promote best practice.
Term of Appointment: 3 years with an option to extend for a further 2 years
Meetings: Quarterly with provision for special meetings if required.
Remuneration: $1,500 per meeting for preparation for and attendance at meetings of the Audit Committee.
Written expression of interest and resume should be submitted by email to email@example.com by 5.00pm Friday, 8 February 2019. Refer to the attached information pack for more information.
Further details are available from Council's Corporate Governance Manager, Sue Van Eyk, on (07) 3412 5212 or at firstname.lastname@example.org