- Make a difference in the community
- Be part of a forward thinking, customer focused library team
- Graduate Scale Role - $62 to 82K + super
Logan City Council offers a unique working environment that embraces by providing professional and personal development opportunities we encourage career progression and recognise innovation, creativity and teamwork.
As a Council employee you will enjoy the many benefits our organisation has to offer - including free on-site parking at work and flexible working arrangements.
As a Digital Services Librarian you will support the Regional Librarian in the effective operation of the Library, the provision of consistently exceptional customer service, supervision of staff and the delivery of innovative programs and training to the community and staff.
Successful candidates will be highly customer focused and passionate about the public library's role in the community. They will have excellent interpersonal skills, supervisory experience and be capable of undertaking a range of library and customer service duties including the provision of reader's advisory services, digital literacy, user education, collection management and library outreach.
- Assisting the Regional Librarian in the efficient and effective operation of the branch library.
- Developing and implementing innovative library programs designed to engage the community and encourage learning through discovery and play.
- Providing exceptional customer service in a changing environment.
- Providing supervisory support of the branch library team.
Logan City Council relies on the integrity and enthusiasm of our workforce to provide decisions that improve our community. That's why we're looking for people who like to learn, seize initiative and take responsibility for achieving excellence.
If you're the sort of person who is motivated, customer orientated and thrives in a high performing team environment - then we should meet!
We're looking for Digital Services Librarians with the following experience/qualifications:
- Minimum qualifications of a Degree or Graduate Diploma in Library Science and eligibility for Associate membership of the Australian Library and Information Association; and an appropriate level of expertise and experience to undertake the range of responsibilities assigned.
- Demonstrated experience developing and delivering technology-based training programs for a diverse audience.
- Previous supervisory experience demonstrating a capacity to take on a leadership role within a work team.
- Highly developed customer service skills capable of providing an exceptional customer experience to a diverse range of people.
After viewing the position description at the top of the page (or if viewing on SEEK, click here), if you require more information about the role, please contact Colleen Bentzen, Acting Library Client Services Program Leader on (07) 3412 4762.
Applications Close: 5 pm, Friday 1 February.
We're social! - connect with us at #lccjobs through LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram
Sound like your next opportunity? Apply now or head along to Logan City Council Careers to discover more!