- Lead collaboratively to make lasting change in the community
- Partner with stakeholders - develop initiatives that build resilience & capacity
- $79K + super + 9 day fortnight
Logan City Council offers a working environment that is hard to match. We provide a unique workplace that recognises innovation, creativity and teamwork, and encourages personal and professional development.
This role is situated within Council's Community Services Branch where you will be joining a team of passionate and high functioning Community Development Officers that are dedicated to empowering individuals and groups to create, support and sustain connected, healthy and inclusive communities. As a Council employee you will enjoy the many benefits our organisation has to offer, including a nine day fortnight and a workplace that recognises innovation, creativity and teamwork and encourages personal and professional development.
About the Role
Council's Community Development Officers play an essential role in influencing the way Council operates within and for the community. We do this by facilitating opportunities for the community to be empowered, connected and active in the life of the City.
To be successful in the role, you will need to have:
- Proven experience in community development and a good understanding of strengths based community development theories and principles. A relevant qualification in Community Development is highly favourable
- Proven experience in planning and passionately delivering initiatives in partnership with the community using your ability to listen, empathise and interact well with diverse stakeholder groups
- Demonstrated high level of written communication skills with the ability to present, prepare professional reports, policies, strategies, grants and correspondence
Candidates will need to provide a cover letter that clearly demonstrates their relevant knowledge, experience and transferable skills, you can find a breakdown of what to include via the Council careers link HERE.
After viewing the position description at the top of the page (or if viewing outside of the Logan Careers page click here), if further information is required about this role, please contact Alex Bereznai, Senior Community Development Officer, on (07) 3412 5632.
Position closes: 20 February 2019, 5 pm
We're social! - connect with us at #lccjobs through LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram
Sound like your next opportunity? Apply now or head along to Logan City Council Careers to discover more