- Build strong and collaborative stakeholder networks
- Help a fast-growing community realise its vision
- $85 - 90k + super + 9 day fortnight. Flexible work arrangements considered
Logan City Council offers a working environment that is hard to match. We provide a unique workplace that recognises innovation, creativity and teamwork, and encourages personal and professional development.
As a Council employee you will enjoy the many benefits our organisation has to offer - including a nine day fortnight, free on-site parking at work, and flexible working arrangements.
The Senior Advocacy Advisor will support delivering on the City of Logan Advocacy Strategy 2017-2019 and Annual Action Plans. The Advocacy Strategy is focused on creating positive collaboration between all levels of government as a way to unlock the potential of the city, with a focus on key infrastructure.
Through our advocacy agenda, we seek to bring challenges and opportunities to the attention of decision-makers through constructive engagement and collaboration. This ensures that policy and investment decisions of other levels of government deliver the greatest benefit to Logan and help us realise Council's vision to become an innovative, dynamic city of the future.
- Identify policy initiative opportunities and prepare relevant reports, papers, policy statements and briefing notes
- Develop effective networks and liaise with relevant organisations, government agencies and community representatives to progress Council's advocacy agenda
- Identify, drive and coordinate complex and multi-disciplinary grant proposals across the organisation
Logan City Council relies on the integrity and enthusiasm of our workforce to provide decisions that improve our community. That's why we're looking for people who like to learn, seize initiative and take responsibility for achieving excellence.
If you're the sort of person who is motivated, customer orientated and thrives in a high performing team environment - then we should meet!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, you will have:
- Demonstrated experience in policy research, with well-developed analytical skills and the ability to take a strategic, apolitical perspective on federal, state and local matters.
- Ability to negotiate positive policy and community outcomes & maintain effective stakeholder relationships.
- Demonstrated ability in developing and implementing strategic policy initiatives, preparing grant proposals and complex reports, action plans, and briefing papers.
After viewing the position description at the top of the page (or if viewing on SEEK, click here), if further information is required about this role, please contact Bridget Rogan, Advocacy Program Leader, on (07) 3412 5701.
Position closes: 5 pm, Wednesday 27 March 2019.
We're social! - connect with us at #lccjobs through LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram
Sound like your next opportunity? Apply now or head along to Logan City Council Careers to discover more