- Develop, lead and deliver the IT & digital strategy for an innovative Council
- Lead innovation & transformational change, through technology as an enabler
- Excellent remuneration including vehicle allowance
Logan City Council provides a unique workplace that recognises innovation, creativity, teamwork, and encourages personal and professional development.
Logan City Council has a vision to be an innovative, dynamic, city of the future. We require an experienced and innovative Manager to balance the future direction with the operational day to day needs.
Council's broad range of service delivery brings with it opportunities to understand and improve the way work is done. Whether being a key player in delivering Council's digital transformation strategy, leading or managing large scale business and technology transformation projects or programs of work, enhancing the mobility of our workforce through technology applications and channels, providing new tools to staff or looking for opportunities in existing contracts and supplier arrangements, there is an abundance of opportunities for an engaged, enthusiastic and innovative IT leader.
This is a rare opportunity for someone who is ready to take the next step into a true executive level leadership role - we are looking for someone with a good eye for innovation, a great grasp of digital, and exceptional people leadership skills. The Information Services Manager will enjoy working with and leading a professional IT workforce, and be supported by an engaged leadership team that forms part of the Organisational Services Directorate.
- Leadership of a large IT workforce, building a supportive and empowering culture focusing on achievement and effective service delivery
- Establish and deliver the IT strategy, aligning to the ambitions of an innovative, dynamic city of the future
- Overall accountability for the continual supply and support of councils IT software and hardware
Logan City Council relies on the integrity and enthusiasm of our workforce to provide decisions that improve our service delivery to our community. That's why we're looking for people who like to learn, seize the initiative and take responsibility for achieving excellence.
If you're the sort of person who is motivated, customer oriented and thrives in a high performing team environment - then we should meet!
We're looking for our next Information Services Manager with the following experience/qualifications:
- Successfully leading and facilitating, in partnership with the business, innovative digital and other technology-based strategies and projects
- Track record of success in delivering transformational business change, including the delivery of large, complex organisational-wide business transformation projects
- Superior business/client relationship skills, including success in driving service innovation through collaboration and partnership, with technology being a key enabling process, and a strong focus on people and change management
- Strong people leadership and management skills, including the professional development of individuals aligned to achieving the strategic vision and goals
- Proven communicator and influencer, with the ability to present the vision that encourages action to a variety of audiences and/or stakeholders
After viewing the position description at the top of the page (or if viewing on SEEK, click here), if further information is required about this role, please contact Matthew Cosson, Talent Acquisition Partner, on 07 3412 4692.
Position closes: 30th May 2019
We're social! - connect with us at #lccjobs through LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram
Sound like your next opportunity? Apply now or head along to Logan City Council Careers to discover more