View Position Description
The City Futures team at Logan City Council is a team like few others; fostering and empowering innovation, ingenuity and forward-thinking across our ever growing city. We have an exciting opportunity for a particularly talented individual to join the team as our CityStudio Project Coordinator in a contract capacity through until 30 June 2020; supporting collaborative experimentation and innovation with the City of Logan through partnerships with tertiary education and secondary schools in Logan.
Things we'll trust you with
Managing the CityStudio Logan, you will;
- Help to develop projects lead by Logan City Council's Corporate Plan and will also support the delivery of Council's City Futures Strategy;
- Liaise with educators and Council staff to identify projects, including objectives, scope and requirements. Lead project development planning and activities, as well as annual project showcase events;
- Design and deliver presentations to groups of students, faculty and Council staff about the CityStudio network of courses and projects; and
- Implement and monitor project reporting, evaluation and impact metrics, and develop and monitor project and event budgets.
Things you'll be proud of
- Working for an organisation who empowers you to bring new ideas to the table and encourages you to challenge the status quo.
- Driving our vision for CityStudio Logan; to be an innovative hub where Council staff, students and community members co-create, design and launch projects to improve our city and enrich our neighbourhoods, making the City of Logan more liveable and sustainable.
- You’ll continue to grow and develop yourself and career, with opportunities for training & internal progression.
- 9 day fortnight as standard with a flexible and supportive environment.
- $87 - $92k + Super + Salary Packing Options.
- Access to a range of activities to maintain your health and well-being.
- On-site café and free on-site parking
The boxes you'll tick
- Strong interpersonal skills and the capacity to develop and sustain productive relationships to develop the CityStudio Program with partners.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills strongly focused on the provision of quality customer service to co-create for civic outcomes.
- Demonstrated diverse project management skills with proven successful delivery of significant projects and events that embody innovative thinking and achieve long term sustainable outcomes.
- Qualifications in community engagement or similar would be advantageous.
So what are you waiting for….apply now before the role closes on Sunday, 25th August 2019
Need a little more convincing? Take a look at the position description at the top of the page (or if viewing on seek click HERE) or if you'd like some more information about the role give our hiring manager, Paulette Oldfield (City Transformation Program Leader) a call on 07 3412 5750.
We're social! - connect with us at #lccjobs through LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram
Head along to Logan City Council Careers to discover more about us