View Position Description
We are a bunch of foodies, fitness fanatics and community enthusiasts. Working in the Sports Leisure and facilities branches means we get to have a direct impact on our local community by providing health and well-being services, sports and recreation programs and hosting major events. This is where we need you to come in...
Things we’ll trust you with
- You’ll take ownership of attracting a new range of programs, events and services
- You’ll plan, design and identify funding sources so that we can facilitate these events
- Staying on top of current trends to increase community engagement across all of our facilities
- Building productive partnerships that add real value to the Logan community
Things you’ll be proud of
- Securing events that will make us the envy of other Councils.
- You’ll put your mark on what health and well-being services look like in Logan
- You’ll creatively distribute & allocate your budget to maximise the value & potential for events.
- You’ll investigate, research and attract new funding sources for Council’s events.
- 9 day fortnight as standard with a flexible and supportive environment
- $86k to $92k + super
- Salary Packaging options
- On-site coffee shop
The boxes you’ll tick
- Tertiary qualifications in Event Sales Management, Planning of Business Development highly sought after.
- Strong ability to develop trust based relationships with your stakeholders in a short amount of time.
- The skills needed to plan and scope everything needed for an event, including; grant or proposal writing, strong financial management, resource allocation and the ability to source and secure new funding opportunities.
So what are you waiting for….apply now before the role closes on Sunday, 22nd September 2019.
Need a little more convincing? Take a look at the position description at the top of the page, or if viewing on seek, click HERE or if you’d like some more information about the role give our hiring manager, Matt McKee (Leisure Centres Program Leader [Acting]) a call on 07 3412 5949.
We’re social! - connect with us at #lccjobs through LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram
Head along to Logan City Council Careers to discover more about us