The Water Business Branch, based in our Beenleigh Offices, are tasked with managing a variety of asset management, product quality and customer experience programs focused on the delivery of water services to the Logan Region. Within this branch sits a team and a role that play a pivotal role in developing, implementing, operating and supporting (in collaboration with our information services stakeholders) the Geographic Information Systems (GIS) within the branch. We have two temporary opportunities for GIS Officers through to March 2020 with the possibility of extension.
Things we'll trust you with
- Entry of Asset Information, according to defined specifications, to meet internal and external stakeholder requirements.
- Producing maps, reports and information extracts for a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Documenting requirements and solutions to agreed standards.
Things you'll be proud of
- You'll work out of our Beenleigh offices with a dedicated and skilled team.
- Your technical experience in Spatial Information Management, and your well-developed interpersonal skills, will enable you to manage the expectations of a diverse group of stakeholders to ensure the successful delivery of spatial information.
- You will be motivated to support solutions to manage information, and call on your technical expertise to ensure that solutions are documented and managed according to system management principles.
- 9 day fortnight as standard with a flexible and supportive environment
- $81k to $84k + super (+ additional super contributions after 12 months)
- Salary Packaging options
- Beenleigh CBD Location
- Opportunities for internal progression, development and training.
The boxes you'll tick
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (or substantial experience) around maintaining Asset Information Systems. i.e. Geographic Information Systems, Document Management or Asset Management Systems.
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills; you can research and apply current & emerging technologies and trends in the GIS space.
- Proven practical experience working with GIS software is a must - preferably ESRI's ArcGIS core software suite. Experience in mapping or drafting within a water and wastewater civil engineering environment highly regarded.
So what are you waiting for… apply now before the role closes on Sunday 20th October 2019.
Need a little more convincing? Take a look at the position description at the top of the page HERE or if you'd like some more information about the role give our hiring manager, Michael Wellburn, Information Systems Solution Specialist, on 07 3412 4685.
We're social! - connect with us at #lccjobs through LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram or head along to Logan City Council Careers to discover more about us.