View Position Description
This is a three-year contract role working within the Design Office of the Road Infrastructure Delivery (RID) Branch. This position presents a great opportunity to advance your engineering design career in a quickly growing city.
Things we'll trust you with
- Opportunities to work on design development of projects undertaken internally within the design office
- Work with engineering consultants engaged by Council to develop specific design projects
- Undertaking engineering investigations, project development and design, and reviewing project estimates.
- Preparing engineering consultancy briefs and agreements, and evaluating consultant's submissions and methodologies.
- Utilizing specialist engineering software including 12D, PC Drain, XP Storm, SIDRA & AutoCad.
Things you'll be proud of
- You'll work directly with the Principal Engineer - Project Development.
- You'll provide expert technical advice in relation to civil road and drainage infrastructure.
- You'll engage with service providers in respect to infrastructure design.
- Detail survey requirements to progress engineering design development and assessing and managing project risk.
- 9 day fortnight as standard with a flexible and supportive environment
- $81k to $92k + super
- Salary Packaging options
- On-site coffee shop
- Free on-site parking
The boxes you'll tick
- A degree in Civil Engineering or an undergraduate who has considerably progressed through their degree qualification.
- Capable of applying civil engineering design principles, standards and concepts.
- Ability to be proficient with Council's civil design software (12D, AutoCAD, PC Drain, XP Storm, SIDRA).
- Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage with stakeholders from invested branches across the business, external providers including public utility providers, and senior management within Council.
- Our values resonate with you - community first, our people, excellence, leadership and integrity
So what are you waiting for….apply now before the role closes on 1st February 2020.
Need a little more convincing? Take a look at the position description at the top of the page HERE or if you'd like some more information about the role give our hiring manager, Paul Wilson on 07 3412 4519.
We're social! - connect with us at #lccjobs through LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram
Head along to Logan City Council Careers to discover more about us