- 9 day fortnight as standard with a flexible and supportive environment
- $87k to $92k + super
- Salary Packaging options
- On-site coffee shop
- Free on-site parking
We're a team of statutory and strategic planners, who are the proud custodians of the Logan Planning Scheme 2015. We are passionate about ensuring that the City of Logan prospers now and into the future by way of our key strategic policies that guide growth and development. We undertake best practice, evidence based and empirical research for exciting strategic planning projects and strategies. We truly love to include and welcome the unique contributions from all of our people. We harness a team culture that embraces honesty, shared goals and a willingness to help.
Things we'll trust you with
- Leading, reviewing, drafting and preparing amendments to the Logan Planning Scheme 2015.
- Coordinating and providing expert policy, strategic, operational and technical planning and planning related advice to Council including Managers and Councilors.
- Leading strategic planning projects that adopt best practice planning principals and evidence based research.
- Coordinating key industry and working groups related to planning legislation, planning scheme amendments and significant strategic planning policy.
Things you'll be proud of
- You'll lead and deliver a range of innovative projects and policies.
- You'll be a primary leader in the Logan Planning Scheme 2015 amendment process and deliver amendment packages for our City.
- You'll do work that actually matters to our business.
- You'll develop and teach others on your knowledge of statutory planning interpretation and preparation.
- You'll be an agent of empowerment within our organisation.
The boxes you'll tick
- Tertiary design based qualifications in Urban Planning.
- Experience in planning management, consultation, negotiation and networking in a complex policy and legislative environment.
- Experience in engagement, advocacy and negotiation with members of the public, internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in producing complex reports, correspondence and briefing material for senior and executive management.
- Our values resonate with you - community first, our people, excellence, leadership and integrity.
So what are you waiting for….apply now before the role closes on the 27th January 2020.
Need a little more convincing? Take a look at the position description at the top of the page HERE or if you'd like some more information about the role give our hiring manager, contact Cathy Ross, Program Leader City Strategy and Policy on 07 3412 4620.
We're social! - connect with us at #lccjobs through LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram
Head along to Logan City Council Careers to discover more about us