Are you passionate about sustainability, environmental stewardship and want to join a team that is committed to achieving carbon neutrality for the organisation by 2022? Our team is committed to partnering with the community to create a greener future together. We believe we all have a part to play in Saving Planet A. We are a team that is passionate about the environment and bringing innovative ideas to the table. So, come and join our journey as we make our team bigger and better.
Things we'll trust you with
- Leading the implementation of our carbon neutrality program including developing and coordinating corporate projects in sustainability, energy efficiency, emissions reduction, off-setting and climate resilience
- Identifying our direct carbon liabilities and implementing innovative ways to reduce these to achieve our goal of certified carbon neutrality by 2022, and to maintain this certification into the future
- Providing strategic input into the direction and delivery of Council's carbon reduction and climate resilience strategies, policies and objectives in a broader socio-political context
- Leading our carbon offset purchasing program including investigation, assessment and procurement of carbon offsets and other carbon reduction options such as the use of renewable energy
- Influencing and engaging internal and external stakeholders to deliver sustainability, energy efficiency and carbon emissions reduction
Things you'll be proud of
- You'll be the key driver for delivering our goal of certified carbon neutrality by 2022
- You'll share and promote the benefits of our achievements with our residents and wider community
- You'll have exposure to a wide range of environmental projects including river recovery, wildlife, revegetation and green infrastructure projects
- You'll work with a highly motivated, passionate and innovative team - we want people with ideas!
- 9 day fortnight as standard with a flexible and supportive environment, including work from home options
- $89k to $95k + super
- Salary Packaging & additional Super Contribution options
- On-site coffee shop
- Free on-site parking
The boxes you'll tick
- Degree in energy and carbon management, environmental engineering, management, science, planning, or similar, or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience of carbon neutrality certification, carbon offset procurement, and related carbon and renewable energy legislative instruments.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate, engage and manage a broad range of stakeholders and customers to deliver innovative best practice environment and carbon project management.
- Our values resonate with you - we're respectful, responsive and responsible and we put our customers and environment at the centre of what we do
So what are you waiting for….apply now before the role closes on 27th September 2020.
Need a little more convincing? Take a look at the position description at the top of the page here: https://careers.logan.qld.gov.au/job/job_details.cfm?id=470893&from=direct
or if you'd like some more information about the role give our hiring manager, Katie Everett (Environmental Projects Coordinator), an email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
We're social! - connect with us at #lccjobs through LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram
Head along to Logan City Council Careers to discover more about us