View Position Description
We are a motivated and innovative team. Passion for the environment and social responsibility is at the heart of everything our team does, we are proud to contribute to the safe running of Logan’s Parks. As a team we strive to communicate these fundamental messages during every interaction.
Things we’ll trust you with
- Provide high quality interpersonal skills to service customers, support and educate community, and resolve conflict or complex issues & & complaints.
- Lead and deliver investigations, research of evidence and where applicable represent Council in Court for any Park management issues.
- Prepare concise and accurate reports, using new technology & mobile applications to capture information.
- Build strong trust-based relationships with your park colleagues, contractors, and the wider business.
Things you’ll be proud of
- You’ll have exposure to 930 Parks and Cemeteries around the Logan Region.
- You’ll promote safe parks for the city & its residents, making a real difference to families, community groups and visitors to the area.
- You’ll work with a passionate, dedicated, and fun-loving team who thrives working in the outdoors and have a passion for our Parks.
- 10-day working roster as standard in a flexible and supportive environment
- $67 to $78k + Super (additional Super contribution after 12-months)
- Salary Packaging options
- Marsden based Depot – work across the region
The boxes you’ll tick
- Cert IV in Government (Investigations) or any comparable or higher qualification will be highly regarded, but the below are a must:
- Knowledge of the Local Government Act 2009 and Council's Local Laws, and proven experience in the execution of similar laws.
- Experience undertaking park inspections & investigations, with proven results in determining appropriate actions and data collection and records management.
- Providing great customer service, proactively educating customers, and addressing complaints with tact & strong conflict resolution skills.
- You can quickly develop trust based relationships with your stakeholders
- Our values resonate with you – community first, our people, excellence, integrity & leadership.
Please note, the successful applicant must undergo a pre-employment functional assessment, be protected by the relevant immunisation in accordance with Council's Staff Immunisation Management Directive when in the role, and undergo an employment related background check/s and be assessed as suitable to perform the role.
So what are you waiting for….apply now before the role closes on 22nd September 2020.
Need a little more convincing? Take a look at the position description at the top of the page HERE or if you’d like some more information about the role give our hiring manager, David Martin a call on 0434 315 178.
We’re social! - connect with us at #lccjobs through LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram
Head along to Logan City Council Careers to discover more about us