In a region based a short drive from the bay, the bush and the beach; Logan is home to a growing population of more than 320,000 people. Filled with energy, enthusiasm and community spirit. Our environmental and business values run deep and so does our culture, heritage and diversity. Our residents come from all walks of life and so do we.
We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our organisation stronger.
Logan City Council are looking for a suitably experienced Manager's Support Officer.
Located within the Corporate Governance team; The team is responsible for providing high level support to the organisation with quality advice, processes and good governance practices to support informed and transparent decision making. We have a responsive customer service culture and a community focus to our work.
The role of the Manager's Support Officer is designed to support the Corporate Governance Manager and Branch Management Team by undertaking a variety of administrative, general business and project tasks for the Branch in the delivery of customer service excellence.
The position works closely with the Manager and wider organisation by:
- Providing very high-level management support (for example: supporting a Senior Manager, Executive Director, General Manager, CEO)
- Always maintain a high-level of organisation
- Managing the flow of all communication types and a busy diary to ensure timeframes are consistently met
- Providing prompt, confidential and professional responses to enquiries from multiple stakeholders
- Creating a range of documents and managing records relating to correspondence, minute taking file notes, briefing papers, reports and presentations
This position requires an experienced and competent Support Officer, with a friendly, yet professional disposition. A can-do attitude, along with pro-active thinking with well-developed interpersonal skills are essential. Experience with financial systems is essential (Tech One experience is preferred, however not essential).
Experience and characteristics required for the role:
- Possession of a Certificate IV in Business Administration or similar,
- Extensive experience working in a fast paced business/ administration environment at a senior level
- Experience with financial systems is essential (Tech One experience is preferred, however not essential).
- Well-developed communication skills
- You are a Proactive thinker with a positive attitude
- You're a workload superstar who approaches work with high-energy, drive and self- motivation
- You take pride in your work - your energy and enthusiasm encourage those around you
- You're thorough in your work with a keen eye for attention to detail
- 9 day fortnight with a flexible and supportive environment
- From $67k + Super
- 12% Super after first year
- Salary Packaging options
- On-site coffee shop
- Free on-site parking
Take a look at the position description HERE, or if you'd like some more information about the role, please contact Sue McDonald, Corporate Governance Manager on email@example.com
To express your interest in this role, please forward your Resume and a Cover Letter outlining your relevant skills and experience in support of your application by the closing date of 21st January 2022.
Thank you for considering joining the City of Logan. We cannot wait to learn more about you!
If you want to learn more about us: LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Logan City Council Careers