Benefits for you:
- 9day fortnight - Who doesn't like a day off each fortnight
- Free on-site parking
- Supportive team environment
About your next role:
You'll be working within the Corporate Procurement Program looking after nominated branches, the Strategic Sourcing and Contracts Specialist will be responsible for the delivery of sourcing and contracting activities with a focus on delivering strategic outcomes and increased value for Council.
- You're a capable, credible negotiator with high level communication skills
- You're curious, engaging and committed to improvement
- You bring a diverse range of skillsets appropriate to the varied procurement responsibilities of council
- You work accurately and efficiently on sensitive and complex matters in the service of your team and stakeholders
- You'll be responsible for delivering complex sourcing projects and contract management activities for Branches within Council.
What you need to start:
Sure, we're looking for an experienced and competent Strategic Sourcing & Contracts Specialist, but you'll also be a pro-active thinker with well-developed interpersonal skills and a can-do attitude who keeps the customer and community at the heart of all they do.
- Substantial experience in procurement and contracting within a large complex orgnaisation in a similar role is highly regarded.
- A tertiary qualification in commerce, procurement, supply chain, law or engineering or a related area and/or Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS)and project management qualifications will be highly regarded.
- Detailed knowledge of customer service strategies, financial responsibility, risk analysis and reporting, within a legislative, and regulated procurement environment is highly desirable.
- High level expertise in addressing customer needs, developing corporate knowledge to improve business outcomes, and autonomously working to achieve complex tasks within both direct and indirect procurement and/or supply markets with limited competition.
- High level communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills including the ability to: negotiate, advocate, engage and present information clearly; and remain impartial and communicate with influence on sensitive/complex matters.
More for you:
- Flexible working arrangements
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Active social club
- $100k per year plus superannuation
- Salary Packaging options
- Fitness Passport program
- On-site coffee shop
Who we are:
We're a contemporary local government organisation entering an exciting new phase. We're moving forward with purpose and fresh energy, with a focus on delivering exceptional services and value for money - with heart. We care about the community we serve, and we care about each other. When you work with us, we want you to feel valued, and to understand your role and how your work contributes to the bigger picture.
The community we serve:
The City of Logan is a proud, grassroots community, filled with mavericks, makers, and innovators. Here, neighbourly love is strong; environmental and business values run deep; and culture, heritage and diversity are our DNA.
This position requires not only an experienced and competent Communication Specialist, but also a solution-focused and creative out-of-the-box thinker.
For more detailed information on the requirements of the role, please refer to the position description, by clicking HERE.
If you'd like some more information about the role, contact our Hiring Manager Alicia Cottee an email to AliciaCottee@logan.qld.gov.au
To express your interest in this role, please hit APPLY with your Resume and a Cover Letter outlining your relevant skills and experience in support of your application by the closing date of 5 October 2022.
Thank you for considering joining the Logan City Council. We cannot wait to learn more about you!
If you want to learn more about us visit: LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Logan City Council Careers