Branch: Corporate Governance
Position: Senior Risk Advisor
Level: Salary from $109K - $122K year + Super (Stream A, Level 8.1 - 8.5)
Location: LCC Administration Building 150 Wembley Rd, Logan Central
Duration: Full Time, Permanent
What we offer
- Full-time hours worked over a 9-day (72.5hr) fortnight – that’s an extra 22 days off each year!
- Salary from $109k - $122K per year (Merit Assessed) + Superannuation
- Flexible working arrangements
- Fitness Passport Program
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Employee assistance program
- Free onsite parking
- Active social club
Who we are
We’re a contemporary local government organisation entering an exciting new phase. We’re moving forward with purpose and fresh energy, with a focus on delivering exceptional services and value for money – with heart. We care about the community we serve and we care about each other. When you work with us, we want you to feel valued, and to understand your role and how your work contributes to the bigger picture.
The community we serve
The City of Logan is a proud, grassroots community, filled with mavericks, makers and innovators. Here, neighbourly love is strong; environmental and business values run deep; and culture, heritage and diversity is in our DNA.
The Senior Risk Advisor is located within the Corporate Governance Branch, who provide high quality advice, best practice governance support with transparent decision making. As a Senior Risk Advisor, you will be required to mentor staff within the team and exercise a high degree of autonomy and decision making aligned with organisational goals and within organisational parameters.
This position requires you to have strong interpersonal and stakeholder engagement skills, supporting and providing awareness of the Risk Framework, facilitating forums to identify and document operational and strategic risks.
However, just as important as experience, we’re looking for someone with the following characteristics:
- You are organised, enthusiastic and pride yourself in mentoring and developing others.
- Managing risk is a passion which shines in the way you communicate and build professional relationships.
- Demonstrating your genuine care for the team culture through effective communication, support and guidance.
- Be a motivated leader who can help Council build a legacy that you can be proud of
Required qualifications and experience
- Formal tertiary qualification ideally in risk and/ or governance / compliance.
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of current risk principles and best practice.
- Advanced skills in embedding risk management at an enterprise level and demonstrated knowledge of identifying and assessing risk and facilitating risk activities.
For more detailed information on the requirements of the role, please refer to the position description, by clicking HERE.
If after reading the position description you would still like some more information about the role, then please send our hiring manager, Jason Furze (Governance, Risk and Compliance Program Leader) an email at JasonFurze@logan.qld.gov.au
To express your interest in this role, please submit your Resume and a Cover Letter outlining your relevant skills and experience in support of your application by the closing date of 5pm AEST Sunday 12th February 2023.
Applications may be used to appoint to similar vacancies for a specified period up to 12 months after the closing date of the initial vacancy.
Thank you for considering joining the City of Logan. We cannot wait to learn more about you!
If you want to learn more about us visit: LinkedIn, Facebook, Logan City Council Careers