- Full Time Permanent Role
- Salary from $60K/year + Super +Allowances (Stream C, Level 2)
- Diverse Range of Maintenance & Installation Works
What we offer
- Full-time hours worked over a 9-day (76hr) fortnight – that’s an extra 22 days off each year!
- Salary from $60/year + Super + Allowances
- Flexible working arrangements
- Fitness Passport Program
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Employee assistance program
- Free onsite parking
- Active social club
Who we are
At Logan Water our vision is RELIABLE, SUSTAINABLE, COMMITTED. Our mandate is to provide safe, reliable, and sustainable water and wastewater services for the benefit of the Logan Community. Logan Water is in an exciting transformational phase, bringing to life a new service model designed to optimise and modernise end to end service delivery, centrally coordinated from our new purpose-built office space including state-of-the-art Integrated Service Hub (ISH). We are seeking the absolute best to join our team in a variety of key positions aligned to our new, integrated ways of working
The community we serve
The City of Logan is a proud, grassroots community, filled with mavericks, makers and innovators. Here, neighbourly love is strong; environmental and business values run deep; and culture, heritage and diversity is our DNA.
About the role
Logan Water Infrastructure Solutions Branch is seeking a licensed Plumber to join the Private Works team. This Plumber position reports directly to the Field Supervisor. To be considered for this role you must be a licensed Plumber with civil construction experience preferably in local government water/wastewater infrastructure. You will have the ability to supervise others and be supportive with a positive attitude to complement the cohesive work team culture. The successful candidate will need to have a strong working knowledge of Workplace Health & Safety requirements and the proven ability to meet strict deadlines whilst delivering a high quality standard of work and customer service. Whilst performing in this role you will also be required to participate in an after-hours on-call roster at the successful completion of a mandatory Probation period.
You will be responsible for but not limited to the installation of live water and wastewater connections for new residential and commercial developments, whilst also maintaining the water and wastewater infrastructure across Logan City. You will be required to work alongside an experienced Labourer and at times, whilst potentially managing small team of sub-contractors.
We're looking for our next Plumber with the following experience/qualifications:
- Must have successfully completed a Plumbing Apprenticeship and hold a current Queensland, Plumbers and Drainers License
- Relevant post-trade civil experience
- Solid experience in water and wastewater new construction and maintenance works
- "C "Class open drivers licence (MR or HR driver's licence will be highly regarded)
Sure, we're looking for an experienced and competent Plumber but you'll also be a pro-active thinker with well-developed interpersonal skills and a can-do attitude. We are looking for someone with the following characteristics:
- You work well in a constructive and supportive team environment
- You're a good communicator who strives for best practice and continuous development to improve team efficiency
- You're service oriented and can skillfully manage conflicting priorities
- You have leadership qualities and strive for best practice and continuous development to improve team efficiency
For more detailed information on the requirements of the role, please refer to the position description, by clicking HERE.
If you’d like some more information about the role contact our hiring manager, Palith Siriwardana email email@example.com
To express your interest in this role, please forward your Resume and a Cover Letter outlining your relevant skills and experience in support of your application by the closing date of 8th February 2023.
Thank you for considering joining the Logan City Council. We cannot wait to learn more about you!
If you want to learn more about us visit: LinkedIn | About Logan Water