- 9-day fortnight | Great work/life balance
- Salary from $91,765.12/year + Super (Stream A, Level 6.1)
- Professional development opportunities
What we offer
- Full-time hours worked over a 9-day (72.5hr) fortnight - that's an extra 22 days off each year!
- Supportive and motivated team with flexible work environment
- Fitness Passport program offering discounted membership for you and your family to selected facilities
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Employee assistance program
- Free onsite parking
- Active social club
- Onsite coffee shop for the coffee lovers
Who we are
We're a contemporary local government organisation entering an exciting new phase. We're moving forward with purpose and fresh energy, with a focus on delivering exceptional services and value for money - with heart. We care about the community we serve and we care about each other. When you work with us, we want you to feel valued, and to understand your role and how your work contributes to the bigger picture.
The community we serve
The City of Logan is a proud, grassroots community, filled with mavericks, makers and innovators. Here, neighbourly love is strong; environmental and business values run deep; and culture, heritage and diversity is our DNA.
About the role
The Finance Branch have an exciting opportunity to welcome a qualified Asset Accountant to their fun but highly motivated team. We deliver quality financial management advice and corporate accounting support services to our many stakeholders across the organisation to enable their success in providing forward-looking business outcomes for our community. And we manage to do all this while maintaining a great work/life balance.
As the Asset Accountant you will have a diverse sweep of responsibilities where the ability to communicate, negotiate and coordinate is essential. Building stakeholder relationships is of a high importance in this role as you will be required to liaise with a large number of both internal and external stakeholders. You will lead and implement proactive asset management practices through the accurate and timely measurement, recording and accounting of non-current assets and by providing liaison and support to Council operations.
To be successful in this role, you have demonstrated the below
- Degree in Accounting or substantial relevant experience is essential
- Strong leadership skills to provide mentoring and motivating staff members to support the creation of a positive and results oriented culture
- Demonstrated experience and expertise particularly dealing with capital works projects, funding, and measurement requirements in the not-for-profit local government sector
- A thorough understanding of Australian Accounting Standards and legislation relative to asset classification, accounting and disclosure is required
- Be autonomous, self-motivated and committed to achieving high standards in a continuous improvement environment
- Demonstrated effectiveness in coordinating, prioritising work demands and meeting deadlines in an environment with a strong outcome focus
For more detailed information on the requirements of the role, please refer to the position description, by clicking HERE.
If you'd like some more information about the role contact our hiring manager, Amy Forgione an email AmyForgione@logan.qld.gov.au
To express your interest in this role, please forward your Resume and a Cover Letter outlining your relevant skills and experience in support of your application by the closing date of 9th February 2023.
Thank you for considering joining the Logan City Council. We cannot wait to learn more about you!
If you want to learn more about us visit: LinkedIn, Facebook, Logan City Council Careers